With the issues of health and safety rightly at the forefront of everyone’s mind, the wellbeing of our passengers, drivers and employees is Ave Cabs Ltd number one priority.
We continue to offer a full service to all passengers and customers for your essential travel needs and delivery services during this period. In line with UK Government advice, we have a clear set of guidelines around managing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and protecting our people, passengers and driver partners, whilst we maintain service continuity.
This policy is continually updated in light of additional measures announced by the government to manage the spread of COVID-19 and with new initiatives by Ave Cabs to protect driver partners, passengers and employees.
What we are doing
At the core of our policy is an adherence to Public Health England (PHE) guidelines – issued by the UK Government and regularly updated.
- While we continue to provide a full service to passengers and courier customers, we are asking passengers to ensure their journey is essential before booking.
- We are continuously reinforcing PHE precautions to our drivers and employees to help prevent spreading of COVID-19.
- We are asking passengers to follow UK Government and PHE/NHS guidelines and ensure they are not exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19 before they book with us, and stating this in the booking flow.
- We are asking employees to work from home, unless it is essential that they come in for their role. Within the office, we are facilitating social distancing.
- We are requiring drivers who are exhibiting symptoms associated with the Coronavirus – high temperature or a dry cough – to stay at home
Our own measures.
We understand that people may have concerns about travelling in private hire vehicles during this time.
We can assure you that as well as following PHE advice, has put its own measures in place, including 3 inside-and-out car washes each week.
We are providing a range of protective equipment for drivers as supplies allow, including Protective gloves, hand-sanitiser gels, spray bottles, cleaning cloths and protective masks.
We can provide multi-seater vehicles that offer passengers sitting in the rear seats a level of social distancing. For the same reason, we are not allowing customers to travel in the front passenger seat. Our apologies if that’s your favourite seat!
We also have an infectious diseases policy, and believe we have robust contingency measures in place to ensure continuity of service in the case of the further spread of COVID-19.
Ave Cabs will continue to monitor PHE advice closely and stands ready to make necessary changes to help protect our passengers, employees and our drivers.